Friday Blog Post
(( Not sure this is the right way to do this ))
The first project went very well despite my disorganized approach to it. If I were to redo the project I would probably use some more diverse references for the "skits" as to connect to a wider audience while still referring to the child like approach.
Class and Week Reflection
Despite the Wednesday class being canceled, Monday seemed like a good day. Everybody came to class and tried to comment or support each other during critique and I can't wait to see the other projects. I took a few notes from the projects that were critiqued.
- A lot of them didn't show three research items or was that just me?
- Tomasson: Maybe you could add dice and have people read the words as they go? ((candyland))
- Minnie: Your project would have had more of an impact as a found object. Ant farms?
- ((Forgot the last presenter's name)) What made you pick the forgetmenot flowers because i understood the toad stools.
Postmodernist Approaches to Making Art Assignment
- Modernism: Started in the Industrial Revolution as a reaction to previous values, Dada and Popart are some of the more notable movements, Notable artist ((the ones I'll remember )) Duchamp, Seurat, Worhal, & Pablo Picasso, Photography caused realism painters to have to take a different approach.
- Postmodernism: or antimodernism, basically argues that modernism can't live up to what is said it would, embraces pop culture unlike modernism, challenges whats considered "art," guy who put the urinal on the wall and signed it falls under this category, seems to also fight for equality, The Guerrilla girls, Very stereotyped Cut and Paste, and Altiods has weird advertisements.