Thursday, March 20, 2014

BULK UPLOAD

In The Making Reading

For the in the making reading I read about Kim Jones the sculpture/performance artist. I've actually looked at his work before but I didn't really understand his reasons behind it. The mudman sculpture was really interesting to see and Jones' use of wait and physical strain to represent past experiences is one of my favorite uses of these components. It really helped me plan out my ecology project.

Art 21 Viewing

I took a look at both Robert Adams and Ursula von Rydingsvard. Robert Adams connection to ecology is pretty obvious. His black and white photos depicting how humans have affected the environment that we live in. Rydingsvard's work kind of confusing to me I can see how her usage of natural/abstract structures mimics rocks structures; so, I have trouble following her ideas and concepts. The construction of her pieces kind of inspired some contraction ideas for one of my projects.

Proposals



Jeremy the Pet Rock

Pictures soon


No comments:

Post a Comment